Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Musings - Tell the World that I'm Coming Home

So, another lazy day shuffles on by here in Australia, where I remain jobless, and friendless. The moment I see my kitties for the very first time in 7 months could NOT come any sooner. I am flying home, to the blistering icy world of Toronto in 4 short days, and the feelings are mixed. Of course, I will miss my sister (and her husband Ryan). I have re-bonded with her furball, Haplo; Who is an orange ball of life and quirks that I love so very dearly. The thought of losing him all over again is really disheartening. I've also come to really enjoy the company of my Sister's dog, Perta. She's a stubborn, but goofy fun loving Malamute, and I'm going to miss her constant chirps and howls to get us to play with her, and give her endless attention. Such a funny dog. As I write this, she is laying quite dead-like right beside me. ♥ Love her!

BUT, then I think about my Kitties, Ripley and Kalani, and I am filled with excitement. They are my babies, my best friends, and I hated leaving them. I felt like I abandoned them those short 7 months ago, and now I am finally going to return to them. I only hope they will forgive me. I miss my home and my city. The lights, the snow, the people, the fashion, the buzz. I miss it all so much. A part of me will cherish Australia and all it has given me, but I know where my heart lies. Toronto. I don't think any place will feel quite as familiar and comforting to me.

However, there are still 4 days until I leave, and I'm going to enjoy being in Australia, while I can. Because really, who WOULDN'T want to be in Australia?

Until next time!
Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment